Intro Workshop to Mindfulness, Meditation & Relaxation
Stop for a second, sit back and breathe…. truly breathe deep into your belly…when was the last time you did that??? In those few seconds of conscious breathing, I bet you felt stress melt away, relaxation pour into your body, and your mind go quiet. Join me in this workshop to learn about the body’s reaction to stress and its long-term impacts on you. Learn and develop awareness about the power of your breath and how the action of conscious breathing can bring about positive changes to your mind, body and attitude. Use your breath to de-stress and relax.
Wear comfortable clothes, bring a beach towel or yoga mat, and water.
Length: 1 hour
5-Session Meditation Workshop
The truth is that Meditation doesn’t mean that you need to sit in the lotus position for hours and create a ‘blank’ mind. Meditation can be created anytime you are doing something that brings you joy and a ‘meditation’ can take as little as 2 minutes. Those are just a few of the many revelations that will be revealed during this 5-session workshop. Each week we’ll explore and practice different types and styles of meditation. Each week you’ll receive an Mp4 tape of a guided meditation supporting the development and growth of your personal practice. By the end of this 5-week workshop, you’ll have 18+ Meditative/Relaxation exercises and practices that will help you to create the Meditation habit.
Week I: Conscious Breathing..
- Overview of the anatomy of stress and its impact on your life..how the brain interprets stress and how your body reacts.
- When was the last time you paid attention to your breath? We’ll learn how to use your breath to Relax and de-stress.
Week 2: The Power of Meditation
Learn and implement 4 Life Lessons to Discover a meditation practice that works for you…and you’ll also learn a lot about yourself.
Week 3: Mindfulness
- You’ll gain understanding of what Mindfulness is and how ‘being’ Mindful can bring about positive changes to your body and your life
- We’ll practice ‘Mindfulness’ exercises that take us through experiencing each of our 5 senses and explore our 6th sense
Week 4: Choose Positive
- Challenge yourself to think outside the box and create a personal meditation for you and you alone.
- Stop the Monkey Chatter in Your Brain for once and for all
- We’ll practice Compassionate and Heartfelt meditations that take you beyond your scope to reach out to others
Week 5: Everything is Energy
- Everything, including you is made of energy…
- Harness your energy for better health and well-being
Wear comfortable clothes, bring a beach towel or yoga mat, and water. You’ll be receiving MP4s of Guided meditations to continue your work at home.
Length: Each session 75 min