Where the Mind goes, the body follows.. let’s make it be positive’
(Life Lesson 3)
There’s much truth about the positive effects on our body, mind and spirit when we are positive in our thoughts, our words and our actions. Six 1-hr interactive, fun classes…pick and choose or offer/attend all. Perfect for businesses of any size; perfect for independent living facilities.. residents or staff; perfect for 55+ Communities!!
1. MAKE EVERY DAY A HAPPY DAY!!
Everyday Tips & Techniques for Health and Well-being Part 1 (1 hr)
Take your health and wellness matters into your own hands. Become aware of 4 Life Lessons, that when practiced will help you to feel great every day.
- Learn that you are your own best teacher in helping yourself feel good every day.
- Understand the impact of stress on your life…including the stress of thinking, ‘just not feeling great today’; and learn to just say NO to stress
- Learn and practice exercises to bring about health and wellness every day..create a new habit of using these exercises and see the difference.. and have fun doing them
2. MAKE EVERY DAY A HAPPY DAY!!
Everyday Tips & Techniques for Health and Well-being Part 2
The important word in the title is ‘every day.’ Gain additional understanding of 4 practical Life Lessons and tips and techniques to help you to create healthy & fun new habits that will focus on how you can help yourself to gain and then maintain health and wellness.
- Your health and wellness is in your hands..and in your thoughts. You’re used to seeing yourself in the mirror, but have you ever truly ‘observed yourself’? You’re going to learn what to do with what you learn from simply ‘observing yourself.’
- We’re going to talk about the power of positiveness in your life and practice new ways of thinking and speaking that can improve your health and wellness.
3. ARE YOUR BELIEFS SERVING YOU WELL?
From the day we’re born, we are influenced by other’s beliefs which become our beliefs. Some we hold for a lifetime e.g. look both ways before we cross the street.. Others might not be as useful in your life today.. e.g..’what will the neighbors say?’ Like it or not, some of these messages stay with us forever until we consciously decide to change them. Let’s exercise our ability to choose to believe what we want to believe.
- We’ll explore 12 common negative beliefs and create tips and techniques to ensure those messages become positive for you.
- We’ll create a ‘personal belief’ inventory and as the question ‘is this belief serving you well today?’ Your response will open an opportunity for you to consider revising that belief to improve your health and well-being.
4. REFRAMING YOUR STORIES…
The Power of Words to Support Your Health & Well-being
We are an accumulation of our life’s stories. We connect with others through the sharing of these big and little stories. Some tell how you became the person you are; others share your like or dislike of a particular restaurant experience. Do you tell them in a manner where you’re a victim or are you victorious? Your choice of words when telling your stories (out loud or to yourself) is an important way to support your health and well-being and happiness factor. So let’s make it positive.
- Gain an understanding of how the body reacts or responds to the words you use.
- Practice a technique that only takes a second and when implemented provides you an opportunity to choose positive, powerful words rather than negative, weak words.
- Practice a technique to turn a complaint into a solution, a challenge into an opportunity. Be the victor in all of your stories.
5. CEASE AND DESIST NEGATIVE SELF-TALK…
Easier Said Than Done Til Now…
If asked to describe a partially filled glass of water, do you respond ‘half-filled,’ or ‘half-empty,’ or ‘it depends.’ Personality traits for pessimism or optimism might play a role in your response, but for most of us, the response is heavily driven by our attitude. Most importantly to note is that Attitude is a choice and you control making your choices. Should you find that your mind is playing self-talk that’s more negative than positive, you can make the choice to change the message.
- Learn how to bring conscious awareness to your self-talk
- Identify 4 common forms of negative self-talk; learn tips & techniques to quickly switch the negative to positive
- Focus on positive thinking in your personal life by identifying areas that you typically think negatively about.. work, relationship, health, financial, etc., and concentrate on developing a more positive approach.
6. MAKING YOUR DREAMS YOUR REALITY THROUGH VISIONBOARDING!!
If you think dreams can’t come true or your goals don’t come to fruition, Visionboarding is a fun way to provide the power you need to make your positive thoughts a reality. This is the starting point to move towards creating your best life. Everything that happens in your life starts with a thought…it’s what you do after that point that makes the difference. This fun and enlightening class explores possibilities. Discover the power of pictures to tell your story, make the ‘what’ more important than the ‘how.’
- Learn, understand and practice the 8 basic ingredients to make dreams and goals come true
- Imagine that you can have anything… Give your brain permission to think a new way to make that a reality
Start today imagining what you want for your tomorrow in all facets of your life.